Friday, April 6, 2012

Do You Give Your Love Freely? Does your child?

Do you give your love openly and freely? Do you express your love often? Because if you do I bet your child does too! Children repeat what they see. Good and bad. We know they will pick up our bad habits but the least we can do is give them good ones too right? As a parent there is nothing more rewarding than the love we get from our children or grandchildren, children give so freely. My grandson Brody is a good example just yesterday as I was leaving his house he yelled out the window “bye grandma I love you” stopped me in my tracks I looked back and yelled back “love you too Brody”
It got me thinking how lucky we are, our family I mean that our love is expressed like this often, but it still stopped me in my tracks because it still surprises and makes me smile.  My husband has made a life time of efforts to make sure our family loves openly with hugs, kisses and expressions of love. He showers the boys even our son who is 28 with hugs and kisses when he arrives and leaves. No hand shakes in our family! 

My point is not to tell you about our family but to express how important it is to love each other and more importantly to express it. To let that special person know how much you love them. Don’t be afraid to tell them how much you care about them. Kisses and hugs go a long way in loving someone! The reason I talk about children is because if you raise a child with affection and love he/she will grow up to be a loving and caring person who will be comfortable giving that same kind of love to someone else. I know it sounds so simple but many people have a hard time expressing love. 

So while you are having your Easter get together with family and friends this weekend try to express your love to someone special, maybe it’s your grandma or your mother or auntie.. or someone you wouldn’t normally hug, kiss or tell them you love them. Just do it and see the smile on their face and the happiness it brings them.
You decide if it was worth the small risk to go outside your comfort zone, if that’s what you did… for some of you it won’t be a big deal but for some it will be a huge step.
Either way just give it a try and come back and tell me how it made you and your special someone feel.
 
Have a safe and Happy Easter.
God Bless you and your family!

No comments: